Hello, 2020! It’s time for a makeup reboot. This year, understated makeup application will be the biggest beauty trend. You can expect to see the beauty community embrace a more natural makeup approach with an emphasis on using and promoting sustainable products. Over the last decade, the beauty industry has made significant progress in terms of the way beauty is reflected in mainstream media. Today, advertisements are getting better at accurately reflecting the everyday woman, in addition to a range of beauty products that are now more inclusive than ever before.
The Biggest Beauty Trends of 2020
It’s time to kick this decade off in the right direction. Staying on top of the latest in the beauty industry is an exciting place to start. Continue reading below, as we highlight some of the biggest beauty trends you can expect to see this year:
- Sheer Foundation: In 2020, it’s time that skin actually looks like skin! If wearing foundation is part of your makeup routine, switch out your regular formula for a water-tint foundation. While it may not provide the full coverage you’re used to, a more hydrating foundation can smooth over blemishes and even add a natural glow.
- Feathered Brows: Creating a feathered brow can be a simple yet impactful tweak to your makeup routine this year. Using a brow pencil, fill in any sparse areas of your eyebrow and then brush the hairs up using a clear or tinted gel to hold them in place.
- Iridescent Eye Shadow: While we don’t suggest going for a disco ball look, iridescent eye shadow has become an emerging trend that is taking over in 2020. If you’re shopping for new eye shadows, the breakout shade is not an earth tone, but rather, a soft lilac. Purple hues will have their moment in the spotlight this year so it’s the perfect time to try out this trend.
- Balmy Lips: Gone are the days of matte, overdrawn lips. Now, the goal is to keep the shade you apply on your lips as close to your actual lip colour as possible. It’s all about the sheer nudes and brown tones with a glossy finish to complete your ethereal look.
- Sustainable Beauty: If these makeup trends are any indication, 2020 will be taking a “less is more” approach when it comes to beauty. Additionally, with the rise in climate change awareness, more and more brands are sourcing sustainable ingredients for their products and doing their part to reduce waste by using eco-friendly or recyclable packaging.
If you have been considering a career in the beauty industry, now is the perfect time to get involved. Whether you are just starting out or looking to enhance your existing skills, Beauty Institute Canada has a program that’s right for you. Are you passionate about experimenting with makeup and helping clients look and feel their best? Why not enroll in our Makeup Artist Diploma program. Our trained and experienced instructors can teach you everything you need to know about the latest makeup trends, application techniques and more. If you are interested in adding skills to your portfolio, our Certificate Courses and Workshops may be a more ideal solution for you.
Call our Canadian beauty school in Toronto at 905-674-0100 to learn more about our Makeup Artist Diploma program today. You can also contact us online or book a school tour to explore our facilities and learn more about our other programs and application process.