Earn Your Laser Technician Diploma at Canada’s Top Beauty School
Are you tired of body hair? Laser hair removal may be the right solution for you. Unlike previous years, recent advancements in technology have now made this treatment suitable for individuals with all hair and skin types. With more and more clients choosing laser over other methods of hair removal, mastering the technique has become a popular skill to acquire for both new and experienced aestheticians.
The laser industry is quickly growing to become one of the most requested and successful methods of hair removal in Canada. At Beauty Institute Canada, students have the opportunity to learn from the best in the business and perfect their technique in a safe and inclusive environment. Apply the knowledge you learn in our classrooms through hands-on clinical training and set yourself up for success when you enroll in our Laser Technician Diploma program today.
Basic Facts about Laser Hair Removal Every Aspiring Technician Should Know
Laser hair removal is not as complicated as it sounds. Nevertheless, before you pursue a career as a laser technician, here are a few things you should know about the laser hair removal method:
- How it Works: Light energy from the laser is picked up by the pigment in your hair follicle which results in root destruction. Once the root has been destroyed by the laser’s beam of light, it is unable to produce more hair.
- Where it Works Best: While laser hair removal can work over most areas of the body where you no longer want hair, the treatment works best on the lip, chin, underarms and bikini area.
- The Ideal Candidates: New technology has made it possible for laser hair removal to be effective on all hair and skin types. However, the treatment is most suitable for clients with dark, thick and coarse hair since the laser works by attracting the pigment of your hair follicle.
- Consider the Risks: Overall, laser hair removal is considered a safe and effective treatment. Depending on skin sensitivity and if the equipment is handled correctly, there may be a minimal risk of redness, skin discolouration, blistering and scarring. That’s why it is extremely important for aspiring laser technicians to receive the right education and training from an accredited institution.
- Expected Results: Noticing real results may take 6 to 8 treatments on average, depending on the individual. The treatment is most effective when hair is in its active growth phase and clients will need to attend every session for desired results.
Laser technicians are in high demand. Launch yourself into an extremely rewarding career and earn your Laser Technician Diploma with the Beauty Institute Canada. Learn and hone your craft on the best and latest laser and light therapy equipment while also receiving an advanced level of education in our intimate classroom settings. Our comprehensive course will prepare students to become talented and successful laser hair removal technicians who can share their expertise with clients across Canada and beyond.
Call our Toronto beauty school at 905-674-0100 to learn more about our Laser Technician Diploma program today. You can also contact us online or book a school tour to explore our facilities and learn more about our other programs and application process.