Medical Aestheticians play an important role in the beauty industry. While specialists in this field are mainly focused on facial skin care, they also provide a variety of other treatments, services, and consultations to help improve or maintain the condition of a client’s skin. For individuals who want to eliminate the appearance of imperfections such as acne, surgery scars, or signs of aging, a medical aesthetician is trained to perform treatments that promote the healing and rejuvenation of skin to help make a positive change in the lives of their patients.
Over the course of 41 weeks, you can work your way through our program and earn your Medical Aesthetics Diploma from the leading beauty school in Toronto. Along with providing practical, hands-on training, our program is designed to help students learn all the facets of the Medical Aesthetics business, including the customer service, operational, and legal aspects of the field.
10 Treatments to Learn as a Medical Aesthetician in Toronto
Becoming a Medical Aesthetician is an incredibly rewarding career. Take a look at the following services that you will be able to provide after obtaining your Medical Aesthetics diploma in Toronto:
- Skin Analysis and Care: Skin is the largest organ of the human body. A thorough skin analysis helps clients establish their skin condition and what it means to both their internal and external health. This valuable insight gives a clear indication of what treatment plans are the most appropriate for each client.
- Facials: As one of the more popular treatments, facials are an excellent way for medical aestheticians to gain a better understanding of each unique skin type before suggesting further treatment. A facial typically consists of makeup removal, skin cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, massage, a treatment mask, and moisturizer or sunscreen application.
- Manicures and Pedicures: A manicure is a beauty treatment for the hands and fingernails while a pedicure is performed for the feet and toenails. A typical manicure and pedicure involve filing and shaping the nails, a massage, and optional nail polish application.
- Waxing: Fast, effective and long lasting hair removal can be achieved through waxing. This treatment removes hair at the root and applied with either hard or soft wax. Soft wax is generally used for larger areas of the body such as the legs, back, and chest, while hard wax removal is more gentle for sensitive areas such the bikini, underarms, and facial area.
- Laser Hair Removal: As an alternative to shaving, waxing, or tweezing, laser hair removal is becoming a popular choice for unwanted hair removal. This medical procedure uses a laser to destroy the hair follicle which slows down and eventually stops hair growth.
- Makeup Artistry: A professional makeup artist uses various mediums that are applied to the surface of the skin to enhance the existing features of an individual’s face. Makeup artistry also includes makeup application and prosthetics for film, theatre, magazine, and fashion modelling productions.
- Body Massage and Treatments: A body massage is performed to cleanse, exfoliate, and hydrate all areas of the skin. Once the body has been scrubbed, a mask or wrap is applied as a detoxifying treatment. Body wraps can also be used to treat various skin conditions, such as cellulite, and sometimes have a diuretic effect that may help with temporary weight loss.
- Chemical Peels: To improve the skin’s appearance, a chemical peel can be used as an effective form of treatment. Mild chemicals are applied to the skin that creates blisters which eventually peel off to reveal smoother and suppler skin.
- Microdermabrasion: Tiny exfoliating crystals are sprayed onto the treatment area to gently remove the outer layer of skin to reveal new, smoother skin. Unlike dermabrasion, this procedure can be performed on all skin tones and colours as it results in subtle yet effective changes.
- Photofacials (Pigment and Vascular): A photofacial is an intense facial treatment that uses pulses of light to penetrate deep into the skin. The procedure is meant to boost collagen production, eliminate brown spots, and diminish the appearance of broken capillaries.
Discover a new and rewarding career as a Medical Aesthetician from the top beauty school in Toronto. Our successful graduates move onto exciting opportunities by putting their skills, knowledge, and talents to good use by helping to enhance the health and physical appearance of others.