Learn the Secrets to Radiant Skin
The days are becoming shorter and the air drier, which can only mean one thing – Autumn is quickly approaching. As you begin to switch out your wardrobe, remember to also swap your skin care routine to repair summer skin damage. In the hot summer months, your skin is frequently exposed to the sun, humidity and salt water; all of which can clog pores, give you wrinkles and cause drying and irritation.
Autumn marks the time for skin rejuvenation and preparation for the harsh winter weather. The cool and drier air can take a toll on your complexion. That is why it is highly recommended that you invest in skin care products that provide ample moisture and hydration.
Consider the following 5 skin care tips to help you look and feel your best:
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize! We can’t stress this enough. The cool, dry air will suck the moisture right out of your skin, causing it to feel rough and dry, which is why it is crucial to use a rich and soothing cream to keep your complexion healthy.
- Sunblock is essential – Just because you can’t see the sun, doesn’t mean it is not there. The sun is always emitting UV rays, even if it is hiding behind those clouds. Remember to apply sunblock to prevent sunburn and protect against skin cancer.
- Exfoliate to remove flaky skin – Maybe your skin looks dull or you have noticed white particles flying into the air as you dress. Exfoliating your skin will remove those dead skin cells to give you smoother, fresher looking skin.
- Care for your lips – The cool air can cause your lips to dry up and crack, so start moisturizing now to ensure you have healthy lips as the cold weather sets in.
- Keep your hands healthy – Protect your hands from the elements by keeping them well moisturized to ensure soft hands all winter long.
Interested in learning more about total body and face aesthetic and anti-aging services? Call Beauty Institute Canada today at 905-674-0100 to see if our Medical Aesthetics Program is right for you.